- 4 salmon steaks
- 15 gr. borage blossoms
- 150 gr. butter
- 50 ml. water
- 3 eggs
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fry the salmon steaks for two minutes on each side on a ridged stove-top grill.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from heat and remove any foam.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add the egg yolks to a small saucepan, beat while cold. Meanwhile, prepare a borage infusion by boiling 10 gr. of fresh borage blossoms or 3 grams. of dried flowers. Add two tablespoons of the infusion to the egg yolks.
- Heat the the yolks and the infusion over a bain marie. Add the melted butter very slowly while continually beating the yolks. The sauce should begin to thicken into a mayonnaise. Make sure the bain marie is not too hot. Add the rest of the flowers to the sauce and the juice of half a lemon. When the sauce sticks to a spoon, it’s ready.
- Serve the salmon steaks with the Hollandaise sauce and decorate with a sprig of dill and fresh borage blossoms.
This sauce goes great with seafood skewers.Mature whites with good structure, a quality dry rosé or a young red without too much body.