- 2 large carrots
- 1 pieces of pumpkin, around the same weight as the carrots
- 16 quail legs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 200ml dark beef stock
- Olive oil
- Place the whole, peeled carrots, the pumpkin, a generous glass of water, a little oil and a pinch of salt in a baking tray or oven dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook in the oven at 180ºC for around 30 minutes. Pierce the carrots and remove from oven when cooked through.
- Blend the vegetables in the mixer with the juices to make a light cream; season with salt and pepper, and reserve.
- Fry the quail legs in a little oil until golden brown. Remove from frying pan and remove any excess oil. Reserve. Now saute the chestnuts in the same frying pan, add a teaspoon of honey and a glass of beef stock. Reduce until the sauce thickens.
- With the help of a spoon, cover your serving dishes with the cream of pumpkin and carrot. Top with quail and the braised chestnuts.
You can also serve with rosemary or thyme blossoms. Add Szechuan pepper or vanilla to the pumpkin before baking.Young red or crianza.