- 2 pears
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tray of red currants and gooseberries
- 1.5 l. red wine
- 100 g of sugar
- Orange rind
- In a tall saucepan, simmer the peeled pears with red wine, the orange and lemon rind and cinnamon for about 1 hour. Make sure the pears are not left without wine. Ten minutes before removing the pears, add sugar and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, but leave steeping in the juices.
- While the pears are cooking, chop the apple into 1cm-thick rectangular shapes.
- Brush the apple slices in sugar, and caramelize in a hot pan without oil for 1 minute on each side.
- Serve the apples and pears with some gooseberries, grapes and the caramelized wine sauce. Decorate with cinnamon.
You can also cook the pears in white wine or sweet wine. Serve with caramelized wine sauce or cinnamon ice cream.Young muscatel from DO Malaga or D. O. Sierras de Malaga.