- 1.6 kg. of mussels
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 350 ml. white wine
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Add to a hot frying pan with oil and cook over a low heat for
about 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean the mussels under cold running water. Remove the parts attached to the
- Add a little bay leaf and chopped nuts to the frying pan. Cook for a few minutes and add the
white wine and half the parsley. Stir well, turn up the heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels and mix everything well.
- Cover and wait until the mussels open, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley. Put of a slice of lemon in each
You can also make steamed mussels,thus reducing the fat content while maintaining the nutritional properties. Garnish with chopped parsley or any herb you like.