MAKES 700ML BEFORE DILUTING:
- 225g fresh ripe cherries
- 600ml boiling water
- 1 lime
- 50g caster sugar
- Sparkling water to dilute
- Wash the cherries, remove the stalks and chop in half to remove the stones.
- Put the fruit in a large bowl and bruise it slightly with the back of a metal spoon to get the juices flowing.
- Pour the hot water over the cherries and stir.
- Using a potato peeler remove a couple of chunky slices of lime and add to cherries along with one quarter of the lime.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Cover and leave for two hours.
- Add sparkling water to dilute to your taste.
- Store concentrate in fridge.
- Alcoholic mix. Add a splash of cognac before adding the cherry base.