- 6 medium potatoes
- 25g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed
- 300ml elderflower cordial diluted
- 300ml chicken stock
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Peel the potatoes and cut the two longer sides so they lay flat on both sides.
- Heat butter and oil in a frying pan large enough to hold all the potatoes. When the fat is hot, fry on both sides until golden, around 10 to 15 mins, then add the garlic.
- Pour in enough elderflower and stock to go halfway up the side of the potatoes, add the sprigs of tyme.
- Simmer for 20 mins, then turn and cook the other side for 20 mins. Top up with elderflower and stock if the liquid evaporates.
- Transfer to the oven for 10 mins at 180C, gas 4, until cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- If you don’t have elderflower cordial, cider or apple juice is an alternative.
This dish is great with pork dishes!