For the pastry:
- 300g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150g olive oil
For the bechamel sauce:
- 500ml soya milk
- 30 g wheat flour
- 30g olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggplants
- 3 bunches of spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
For the dough
- Knead the flour, mixed with salt and olive oil, until the dough is firm and smooth.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and place in a baking dish.
- Pierce with a fork (it will bake better below right the way through).
For the bechamel
- Put the oil in a saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Add the flour when the oil is hot and well and cook well until the flour begins to give off a toasty aroma.
- Add soy milk gradually, and cook until you have a smooth, thick sauce.
- Add salt and nutmeg.
Making the quiche
- Cut eggplant into half-moon shapes and roast in a pan with a little oil over a medium heat. Add salt and remove from heat.
- Wash the spinach, chop and cook in a saucepan over a low heat with a little oil, sage, salt and pepper, for about 5 minutes. Add the bechamel sauce and cook 2 minutes more.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the pastry dough.
- Top with eggplant slices and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the quiche from the oven. Serve.