- 250g of chocolate with 70% cocoa
- 25 gr butter
- 100ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a bain marie over low heat.
- Add the lightly beaten egg yolks, whipped cream and melted butter. Mix well, carefully, until creamy and smooth.
- Now beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully add in to the chocolate mixture, keeping the spongey consistency.
- Keep the mousse in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- It's always best made on the day
Make chocolate chips to decorate the mousse: melt chocolate and spread it on a flat surface; let it solidify and break up with a spatula to make the chips.