- 10 eggs
- 10 egg yolks
- 500 gr. butter
- 500 gr. chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 200 gr. well-sieved flour
- Melt the chocolate with butter over a bain marie, mixing well with a whisk to obtain a good smooth chocolate cream that’s smooth and shiny. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs plus the egg yolks till they set: their volume should double or even treble. Add the flour and melted chocolate. Mix well and allow to stand a couple of hours.
- Line some metal ramekins with baking paper and fill with chocolate mousse. Bake at 190ºC for 5-6 minutes until the coulant stiffens on the outside. Serve fresh from the oven.
If you prefer a spongier chocolate, beat the egg whites separately from the yolks, with a couple of spoonfuls of sugar.