- 6 small oranges
- 750 gr. white wine vinegar
- 900 gr. sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 8 cloves
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- With the help of a brush, wash the oranges and cut into thin slices. Arrange the sliced oranges in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Boil for 5 minutes until the oranges are soft.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the sugar in another saucepan with vinegar, add the cinnamon, pepper, cloves and brandy. Simmer over a low heat, drain the oranges and and add to the pan along with the vinegar, stirring carefully and simmer for 30 minutes. Store the oranges in sterilized jars.
- Can be used to accompany ham, terrines or pates.