- 500 gr. fresh blueberries
- 400 gr. sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- The juice and rind of 1 orange
- The juice and rind of 1 lime
- Mix berries, sugar, juice and the rinds, Cointreau, cinnamon and star anise together, and let sit for about an hour.
- Boil for about ten minutes, and wait until the ingredients are cool.
- Give them another boil for a couple of minutes. Cool.
- Check the next day if the mixture has reached the desired consistency. If, however, you want a thicker jam, boil once again.
- Store in a sterilized jar in the fridge.
This jam goes great with almost anything: for breakfast with yogurt or toast. With savory dishes of meat or poultry. In salads, vinaigrettes or used to prepare hot and cold sauces.