- 200 gr. sugar
- 120 gr. butter
- 4 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 yolk
- 100 gr. filo pastry (store-bought)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Heat the sugar in a frying pan until you have a light-coloured caramel, then add the butter and apples (peeled and cut into eighths).
- Once well caramelized, bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Place in a 5 cm square mold or tin, and let cool.
- Cut the pastry into 12 cm x 1cm strips, prick with a fork, paint with an egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 12 minutes at 180 º.
Assembling the dish:
- Warm the apples in the microwave, arrange them on a plate, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and put the pastry on the side.