- 200 gr. basmati rice
- 1 spring onion
- 50 ml. olive oil
- 200 ml. coconut milk
- 1 cm ginger root
- 250 gr. fresh pineapple
- 250 gr. seitan
- A few sprigs fresh cilantro
- Wash the rice in a colander. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add rice and cook for about 10 -12 minutes. Drain, wash under cold running water and set aside.
- Cut the spring onion into thin slices and saute with two tablespoons of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt, the coconut milk and grated ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Chop the pineapple. Cut the seitan into similar sized pieces. Alternate the pieces on wooden skewers. Mix olive oil and shoyu sauce in a bowl and brush the skewered seitan and pineapple.
- Heat a flat-top grill and continue brushing the skewers with the sauce as you lightly fry on each side.
- Serve with rice and top with coconut-milk sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.