- 1 organic spaghetti squash
- 100g sloes
- 100g peeled and roasted peanuts
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 fresh fig leaves
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds then wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a baking tray with a little water and bake for 35 minutes at 180C. Once cooked take a fork and remove the spaghetti and put it in a saucepan with the sugar. Allow it to braise and turn into compote then add the sloes and roasted peanuts.
- Place the fig leaves in a cake tin spreading them on the bottom and around the edge. Now place the spaghetti puree into the fig leaves and fold the leaves over the top, so the mix is covered with the fig leaves.
- Place in a preheated oven of 225 C for around 15 minutes. The fig leaves are not edible; they just give the pastel a delicious flavor.
- Accompany the cake with Carquinoles (a typical Catalan pastry made from almonds).
The English spaghetti squash varies from 2k – 4k.