- 350 gr. wheat flour
- 20 gr. fresh yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 red onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 100 gr. tinned tomatoes
- 100 gr. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Olive oil
For the pizza dough
- Mix water, sugar and yeast until it is properly diluted.
- In a bowl, add the liquid mixture, flour, oil and salt and knead well until dough is smooth.
- Let sit at room temperature until it rises to twice its size.
- Re-knead the dough on a board sprinkled with flour. Give it a round shape and put on a pizza tray.
For the topping
- Slice the onions into rings, add to a covered frying pan and simmer over a low heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes, and then add brown sugar. Stir slowly to prevent sticking.
- When the onions have reduced to half their volume, add the red wine and rosemary to the pan and simmer uncovered until all the wine has evaporated. Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200 º C.
- Place the chopped tomatoes on top of pizza dough and bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and add the caramelized onions, cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, a dash of olive oil and salt to taste.
- Bake until edges of the pizza are golden brown.
- Top the pizza with finely chopped parsley.