- 240 gr of Spaghetti
- 400 ml of cream
- 400 gr of chopped bacon
- 100 gr Grana Padano cheese or whatever tasty cheese there is in the fridge!
- 4 large freerange eggs
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- Follow the instruction on the packet for cooking the pasta I normally salt the water and add a little olive oil.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl and set aside
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in a frying pan (do not add any fat there is enough on in the bacon).
- Once it has cooked to your liking turn the heat down and stir in the cream, gradually bring the heat up slightly and finely grate in your cheese (add more or less depending on your taste), keep stirring, then turn down the heat to low If the sauce looks to thick add a little milk.
- Meanwhile the pasta should be cooked to al dente (do not overcook)! Drain in a colander it doesn’t matter if there is a bit of water left on the pasta. Place the pasta back in the pan and mix in the egg over a very low heat (the egg does not want to scramble). Now add your bacon sauce stir in well and serve immediately.
- This dish must be eaten straight away.
- The bacon sauce can be prepared beforehand and heated up very gently, just before the spaghetti has cooked.