- 1 kg of mussels
- 1 bunch fresh chopped coriander
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh red chili or 1 tsp of dried chilli
- 1 pinch of ginger (optional)
- 1 lemon or lime
- Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Clean the mussels l under the tap and discard those that are open.
Peel and cut the garlic, wash and dry the coriander, reserve.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan then add the garlic and fresh or dried chili. Sauté for a couple of minutes then add some of the chopped coriander.
- Add the mussels, mix them gently then cover the pan, when the mussels have opened remove from the heat
- Serve with lemon or lime slices and sprinkle over the rest of the chopped coriander.