- 1 Rack of lamb
- 2 heads of garlic
- ½ kg of potatoes
- ½ lemon
- 4 fresh beetroots
- A bunch of pearl or some large shallots
- Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary …)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Light the BBQ. Cut the top off the heads of garlic and wrap tinfoil around them a couple of times. Place them directly on the coals and leave them until they are very tender, ( approx. 20 minutes).
- Wash the potatoes, season and sprinkle with olive oil then wrap them in tinfoil, place them directly on the embers along with the garlic. Place the onions on top of the grill but very close to the fire and turn them time to time until they have cooked.
- Wash the beetroot along with the leaves, cut them in half lengthwise and place them on the barbecue. Season the lamb which should be at room temperature,cook on the barbecue until it is done, start with the side of the ribs with the skin, this is so it will be nice and crispy.
- Remove the garlic from the tinfoil, pummel the pulp in a mortar, add a couple of good handfuls of chopped fresh herbs some lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Pummel the mixture together for a few minutes and then slowly add the olive oil until you achieve the desired texture,add salt to taste, if necessary add some water.
- Serve the rib of lamb with the vegetables and the aioli.