- 16-24 red prawns
- 300 rg of venere rice or negroni
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Clean the prawns, remove the heads and shells. Make a cut on the back to remove the black cord which are the intestines. Place about 4-6 prawns on an acetate sheet then cover with another acetate. Using a mallet hit the prawns until it is a thin carpaccio. Repeat the process using all the prawns.
- Wrap in clingfilm and freeze overnight.
- Cook the rice in plenty of salt water according to the instructions on the packet, strain and cool, drain well. Wash the tomatoes and peppers.
- Peel the spring onions and cut into thin slices.
- Peel and remove the seeds from the tomatoes, cut into cubes.
- Remove the seeds and white membrane from the pepper, cut into cubes (the same size as the tomatoes).
- Mix the vegetables with the rice. Garnish with salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil add the chopped chives and mix it together.
- Remove the carpaccios from the freezer, remove one of the acetate then arrange them on a plate and remove the other acetate.
- Season with olive oil and sprinkle the venere rice salad over the carpaccios.
Sprinkle with a little more virgin olive oil, chopped chives and serve.