- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- ½ a red chili deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of cumin seeds crushed
- 750g of new potatoes
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 limes
- Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a shallow oven proof dish add the garlic and chili for 2 minutes and allow to soften, then add the turmeric and 1tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Cook for another couple of minutes then add the potatoes and season.
- Stir and add 300mls of water bring to the boil, and then allow to bubble for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender but still slightly saucy underneath.
- Slice each fillet 3 or 4 times.
- Season and sprinkle on the remaining cumin, then place the fish on top of the potatoes skin side up drizzle with the remaining oil and grill for 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and serve
You can use mackerel for this recipe as well.