- 2 kg. chopped oxtail
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 l. red wine
- 1/2 l. beef stock
- Olive oil
- Flour the oxtail and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Chop the vegetables into similar sized pieces and saute in the same frying pan.
- When the vegetables have browned, remove the excess oil and add the vegetables and meat to a pressure cooker. Cover with the stock and wine, close the pot and cook for 45 minutes. Let the pot cool down before opening. You should now be able to bone the oxtail.
- Strain off the sauce and allow to over a low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a metal hoop to layer the meat with mashed potatoes. Serve with mushrooms, herbs and aromatic blossoms.
- Heat up the sauce with a knob of butter and serve over the oxtail-potato drum.
You can use the oxtail meat to make cannelloni or ravioli, and serve with the sauce.Red wine – rich on the palate, balanced and flavorful and displaying good acidity. Must have personality. For example, Alianzas 2003 Marenas V&B from D. O. Montilla, with a blend of Monastrell, Tempranillo and Syrah, which has been 12 months in American oak barrels.