- 1 kg. Spinach
- 400 gr. cooked chickpeas
- 500 gr. potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large ripe tomato and grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Food coloring
- Olive oil
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 clove of roasted garlic
- 50 gr. toasted almonds
- Fry two slices of bread in olive oil and when done, put them aside in a mortar.
- Roast a clove of garlic. Once done, peel and put it in the mortar.
- In the same oil where you fried the bread, brown two cloves garlic (peeled and cut in half). Add the tomatoes and saute.
- Remove from the heat and add the paprika, stirring well.
- Return the pan to heat and add spinach, cover with water (not too much because the spinach will release water itself) and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash and dice the potatoes. Chop them roughly so that they release their starch and thicken the broth of the stew. Add them to the pan along with rinsed and drained chickpeas and a little coloring.
- Simmer until the potatoes are done. . Preparing a topping with the bread, roasted garlic, peeled almonds and cumin. Add at the cend of cooking and stir well.