- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 300 g of natural tofu
- 30 g of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon shiro miso
- Olive oil
- Mix a spoonful of peanut butter with a little water (just enough to make it easier to spread on the tofu). Spread it on one side of the tofu and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, pressing down to make sure they stick. Cut the tofu into thick fishfinger-sized pieces – about 2 to 2.5 cm thick – and cook on a flat-iron grill or pan, with a drizzle of olive oil, till each side browns..
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Peel the garlic and mash in a mortar with a pinch of salt until a paste is formed.
- Add the garlic paste, two tablespoons of peanut butter and half a tablespoon of miso shiro to a bowl. Add a little hot water and stir. Keep adding a little more till you reach the required consistency.
- Serve the tofu with the peanut sauce.