- 750g scallops
- 200g dry shiitakes
- 700ml meat broth
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 star anise
- 1teaspoon paprika from “La Vera” region
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 25g ham fat
- a few slices of Iberian ham from acorn-fed pigs
- 1 teaspoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Hydrate the shiitakes in water. Add salt and pepper to the scallops and sear on both sides in a skillet with olive oil and the ham fat, set aside. Chop the onion and garlic, sauté in the same pan, when the onion is translucent add the chopped shiitakes without the stems.
- Sprinkle with paprika and flour, cook for one minute and pour in the wine, Allow the alcohol to evaporate and pour in the beef broth along with the water from the shitakes, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and the star anise.
- Cook for about 10 minutes over a medium heat then add the scallops, cook until ready. Serve with a few sprigs of chives.