- 250 gr. wheat flour
- 60 gr. sugar
- 20 gr. brown sugar
- 30 gr. corn flour
- 8 gr. fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 70 gr. margarine
- 120 gr. soy milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- The zest of one lemon
- The zest of one orange
Syrup and topping:
- 50 gr. water
- 50 gr. sugar
- Candied fruits or mixed peel
- Dissolve the yeast in soy milk, then mix with 60 gr. wheat flour. Mix well and let ferment for half an hour.
- Make a dough with the remaining flour, sugar, corn flour, salt and margarine. Gradually add the yeast and flour mixture and add the zest and orange blossom water. Knead well to obtain smooth dough. Make a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat the water and sugar over a medium heat until it starts to boil. Let the syrup cool.
- Knead the dough well and form into a giant doughnut shape. Brush with the syrup and decorate with candied fruits. You can also use sugar, chopped walnuts, sliced almonds, etc … Allow to rise for 2 hours and cover with a damp cloth to keep it moist.
- Bake at 170º C for 20 minutes.