- 800g of pork ribs, chopped into 6cm pieces
- 800g Conference pears
- 200g sugar
- 50ml rancio wine ( of 25ml sweat sherry and 25ml dry sherry)
- 50ml pear eau – de – vie
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Place the chopped ribs in a roasting tin that they fit snugly into, coating them whit a little oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast them in 190 c oven for halve and hour.
- Remove the tin from the oven and our over the rancio wine, then carry on cooking for 45 more minutes, turning the heat down to 150 c
- Meanwhile, prepare by scooping out medium size balls of pears flesh whit a scoop.
- Place a litre of water containing 200g of sugar and the peel of a lemon on the boil. Just as it comes to the boil add the pear balls and cook for 5 minutes. Turn of the heat and add the pear eau- de – vie.
- To finish of the roast, drain the pears and sauté in a little oil with some salt and pepper. Cook them just long enough to give them a golden brown hue.
- Add the pear balls to the roasting tin, along whit 5 spoonfuls of the pear cooking juices, which will dissolve all the gelatine that has stuck at the bottom of the tin, resulting in a fragrant sauce. Allow everything to cook in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
Èlia de Ficaria vins – D.O. Montsant Petalos del Bierzo descendients J.Palacios – D.O. Bierzo Dalmau Reserva de Marques de Murrieta – D.O.C. Rioja