- 100g rice
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- ¾ lt milk
- 100ml single cream
- 100g sugar
- First parboil the rice in boiling water for two minutes, then rapidly cool under cold running water and reserve.
- Bring the milk to the boil with the cinnamon and lemon and orange peel.
- Then add the parboiled rice, stirring for the first few minutes.
- Simmer for about 7-8 minutes. Then add the sugar, remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve with powdered cinnamon or mixed berries.
Add 100ml of cream at the end for a creamier pudding.