- 90 gr. organic soy margarine
- 230 gr. fine wheat flour
- 50 gr. coarse corn flour
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 85 gr. natural yogurt
- 3 organic pears
- 1 organic orange
- 40 gr sliced toasted almonds
- Prepare the dough. In a bowl, lightly crumble up the soy margarine with the wheat flour and corn flour, three tablespoons of brown sugar and a pinch of salt until you obtain a lumpy, grainy dough. Add the yogurt and continue to work the dough until you can make a ball that doesn’t stick to your fingers. Be careful not to handle the dough too much.
- Heat the oven to 200 º C.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a floured board. Cut 6 circles of 12 cm. in diameter and place them on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper with a good distance between them.
- Squeeze the orange juice and zest the rind.
- Peel the pears and cut into thin slices. Place about three slices in the center of each pastry circle and pour over a tablespoon of the mixture of orange juice and zest. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and fold the edges of the dough inward toward the center (as seen in photo).
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle with some ground cinnamon.