- 1.2 kg. peeled and chopped pears
- 225 gr. Granny Smith apples
- 225 gr. peeled and chopped onion
- 450 gr. cider vinegar
- 175 gr. raisins
- The juice and zest of one orange
- 115 gr. peeled and chopped walnuts
- Half tablepoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground ginger
- Half teaspoon salt
- Chop the fruit and onion into similar sized cubes. Add to a saucepan with the vinegar and simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes. Then add the orange zest, salt, raisins and ginger. Mix well and then add the orange juice and sugar and allow to soak for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, toast the nuts and add to the chutney with the rest of ingredients, along with cinnamon, etc.., Mix well and let cool, and keep in sterilized jars.
- Great with couscous and cheese dishes.