- 8 pears, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 140 gr. sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 grated ginger root
- 150 ml. white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili
- Mint leaves
- Sprinkle salt over the pears in a colander and leave while they “sweat” their juices.
- In a pot of 150 ml of water, add sugar and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Then lower the heat, add the mustard, vinegar, ginger and chili, and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the pears and cook for 8 minutes over a high heat. Turn off the heat, add the mint leaves and keep in sterilized jars.