- 1 kg of small potatoes for frying
- 2 pieces of chopped onion (Figueres)
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 slice of smoked bacon
- 200 ml cream
- ½ l. sunflower oil
- ½ sprig of cayenne branch
- 2 gr. of hot paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Make a cut in the base of the potatoes so they can stand upright on the plate.
- Scoop out with the help of a melon baller, No 25.
- Saute the potatoes in a saucepan with sunflower oil until tender.
- For the tomato sauce.
- Saute the onion and cayenne pepper over a medium heat until well done, add the bacon, red pepper, and the chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for half an hour, then mix in the blender and pass through a sieve. Reserve.
For the onion:
- Saute the chopped onion with a little sunflower oil over a low heat.
- Then add the cream and let reduce, add salt and pepper.
Assembling the dish:
- Fry the patatas bravas with sunflower oil (at 180 degrees) until crispy, fill with onion and place on top of the spicy tomato sauce.