- 2 chickens cut into the quarters
- 2 oranges
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of grapes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 150 ml. honey
- 200 ml. white wine
- Olive oil
- Place the chicken pieces in an oven dish with julienned onions, orange quarters, cinnamon, rosemary, a glass of white wine, a good splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Roast at 190ºC for 30 minutes. Then start basting the chicken with honey every 5 minutes until the the chicken is done. Add the grapes and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the orange and grapes.
- Mix the juices from the oven dish with the juice of 2 oranges and a teaspoon of corn flour for a tasty gravy sauce.
You can add some quartered potatoes and tomatoes to the tray for a richer, even tastier roast. You can also prepare this recipe with rabbit.-A red wine with balanced acidity that counters the citrus flavors of the dish. The wine should have a strong finish, good structure and toasty notes and hints of ripe fruit. For example, Valenciso Reserva 2001 from Compañia Bodeguera Valenciso, of D. O. La Rioja made from Tempranillo.