- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 grams of navy beans
- 4 red mullet fillets
- Olive oil
- 50 g salicornia
- Peel the garlic and onion. Clean the tomato.
- Put the whole vegetables in a pressure cooker along with the bay leaf and navy beans. Cover with water and cook for about 50 minutes. Remove from heat, put the vegetables to one side and add the beans with their broth to a saucepan.
- Saute the chopped salicornia in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt for two minutes. Then add to the saucepan of beans. Add salt to taste, cover and allow to stand.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with two pinches of salt and a splash of olive oil and fry the red mullet (skin side up) for 30 seconds.
- Serve the fish on a bed of salicornia and navy beans.
- Serve immediately.