- 25 g of water
- 100 g sugar
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 1 egg white
- 25 g of fruit juice
- Icing sugar
- Corn flour (cornstarch)
- Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the gelatin sheets (previously hydrated in cold water). While still warm, add the egg whites and beat them slowly with the help of a whisk until the mixture looks like a merengue but thicker.
- Add the fruit juice while beating the mixture.
- Fill a pastry bag with this mixture. Pour Squeeze out little cloud formations into a mixing bowl, filled with a mix of icing sugar and cornflour, in equal parts. Shake off excess sugar and flour from each cloud.
- Another way to do it without a pastry bag is to spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with plastic wrap, then cover over with more film, press down to a height of 3 cm and reserve until hard. Then cut into squares, coat and serve.
If you prefer … you can coat the clouds in grated coconut instead of cornstarch and sugar. You can also roast slightly and bathe in chocolate sauce.