- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 250g of pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 strip wakame seaweed
- 100 g of whole grain macaroni
- 200 grams of cooked kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Use a potato peeler to remove the outer “stringy” layer from the celery, then cut into slices.
- Dice the pumpkin.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and saute the onion and celery with a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes over a medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin and macaroni together with the strip of wakame seaweed and a few more pinches of salt, and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat. Cover and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.