- 175g caster sugar
- 175g soft margerine
- 3 eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- Filing: Rasberry or strawberry jam, home made is always better
- 2 x 18cm 7 inc sandwich tin
- Mix all ingridients in medium sized bowl with an electric mixer until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Divide mixture between the two tins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180c (350 f gas 4) for about 25 minutes until the cakes are well risen, golden and springy to touch.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and cool.
- Sandwich together with jam and sprinkle top of cake with caster sugar.