- 200 g of pardina brown lentils
- 1 spring onion
- 2 carrots
- Olive oil
- 100 g of tomato paste
- 1 piece of wakame seaweed
- 1.5 liters of vegetable stock or water
- 250g smoked tofu
- Wash the lentils and drain to remove any grit.
- Remove the tips of the spring onions and cut into slices. Wash the carrots and cut into slices.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan and saute the onion and carrots with a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat. Add lentils, tomato paste, seaweed and stock or water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
- When almost ready, cut the tofu into cubes and saute in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil till golden brown. Add to casserole. Season with salt and a little tamari.
- Serve immediately.