- 3 eggs
- 250 gr. sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 160 gr. soft butter
- 160 gr. sieved flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, well sieved (7 gr.)
- 2 lemons
- Boil 1 whole lemon in water until very soft (1 to 2 hours). Remove the water, let cool and blend the lemon into puree.
- Boil 90 gr. sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Add 2 tablespoons of icing sugar.
- Beat butter and remaining sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolks and lemon puree.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add to the mixture along with the flour, folding everything gently with a spatula.
- Put the cake mix into an rectangular cake tin and bake in preheated oven at 170º C for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cover with frosting while still hot.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan.
Inject with lemon curd and let cool. Decorate with lemon-flavored icing and lemon slices.