- 500 gr. of kumquats
- 350 gr. sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- ½ cup water
- Wash the kumquats and blanch for one minute in boiling water, drain and once cold, prick with a toothpick.
- Place the fruit with the sugar, water and orange blossom water in a pot and leave to sit for half an hour.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat. Simmer for a minute and remove from heat.
- Once cool, add the ingredients to another pot and boil for one minute.
- Repeat this step until the syrup thickens.
- Keep in the fridge in sterilized jars. If after several days, it looks like it's beginning to ferment, boil once again.
Use it for breakfasts or combine with savory dishes such as lamb, grilled prawns and duck.