For the ginger cream:
- 1/2 kg of cream
- 50g of sugar
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- 0.5g of powdered ginger
For the jam:
- 2 grapefruits
- 200g Sugar
- candied ginger
- For the ginger cream – soak the gelatin in cold water. Meanwhile heat the cream and sugar in a small saucepan. Boil, remove from heat and incorporate drained gelatin sprinkle in ginger powder. Leve to stand for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and reserve in refrigerator. It is best to prepare the cream the day before or at least a few hours before.
- Once cool and set, whip ginger cream until it has a texture of whipped cream.
- Fill several bowls three quarters full with the cream.
- To make the jam cut the grapefruit into quarters and wizz in your mixer.
- Weigh the juice you have and add the same amount of sugar
- Heat and reduce the mixture into a small saucepan over low heat until it reaches the desired texture.
- Cut several slices of grapefruit and diced candied ginger. Place on the whipped cream and ginger jam for serving