- 500 gr. sugar
- 250 ml. water
- 5 tablespoons of peeled and grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons of powdered green tea
- 100 gr. sugar
- Two teaspoons of apple pectin
- 1 lemon
- Peel the lemon, remove pips and white membrane and white skin.
- Chop up the lemon and add it to the sugar, ginger, lemon rind and green tea.
- Let it sit for two hours, add water and allow to stand again for another half hour.
- Place on the stove.
- Just before it begins to boil, add the pectin mixed with sugar and stir.
- Boil over high heat for ten minutes, reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer for ten minutes.
- Keep in sterilized jars in the refrigerator.
Goes great with fish, poultry, salads. Also use it for breakfast or a snack with toast, muffins, etc.