- 125 gr. Gianduja cream (see below for instructions)
- 30 gr. sugar
- 30 gr. butter
- 4 eggs
- 125 ml. of whipping cream
- 30 gr. flour
To make the Gianduja (if you can’t find ready made):
- 75 gr. of peeled hazelnuts
- 50 gr. sugar
- 60 gr. of dark chocolate to melt
- Grease molds with butter, using a brush, with movements from the bottom up. Brush all the sides (important) right up to the edge. Add a spoonful of sugar to each mold and move about to cover all the surface of the mold evenly. Remove excess sugar and put the molds in the refrigerator.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites in two different bowls. Beat the yolks well with sugar.
- Put the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. When melted, add the flour and mix well till it forms a paste. Remove from the heat and add the gianduja cream to the saucepan, return to to a low heat, stirring until everything is well mixed. Turn off the heat and add the mixture to the beaten egg yolks.
- Let cool and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add a third of the egg whites to the gianduja mixture, mixing well with a spoon. Carefully fold in the rest with a spatula.
- Divide the mixture into 4 molds, filling almost to the top. Clean the edge of each with your fingertip, leaving no residue that might hinder the souflee’s rise.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Whip the cream, take the molds from the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar. Garnish with a spoonful of whipped cream right in the middle of each mold. Eat immediately.
- To make the Gianduja:
- Make a hazelnut praline (about 125 gr.)
- Roast 75 gr. hazelnut and place in a small tray.
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan. Then pour the caramel over the nuts and let cool until it solidifies.
- Cut into pieces and blend for 4 / 5 minutes until you have a dough.
- Mix 65 gr. of this dough with 60 gr. dark chocolate melt until you have 125 gr. Gianduja paste.