- 600g fresh tuna, diced into cubes
- 150g of brown basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 80ml soy sauce
- 3 green onions
- 1 piece ginger root, of 3 cm
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil and three of soy saucein a bowl, cover and reserve.
- Remove green leaves from the onions and slice thinly. Peel and grate the ginger root over a bowl in order to obtain the juice as well.
- Add the remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and onion slices.
- Add the tuna cubes, stir to allow it to soak up the mixture; cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 45 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and brush with two tablespoons of oil and brown the tuna on all sides.
- Heat the the marinade in a separate saucepan until slightly thickened – about five minutes – remove from heat and reserve.
- Serve the tuna with a little sauce and garnish with sesame seeds. Accompany with rice.
Rinse and drain the rice. Cook in boiling water for 15 minutes, remove and drain.