- 400 g paella rice
- 12 or 16 shrimps
- 300 g monkfish
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
For the fish stock:
- 1 kg of rock fish (cleaned and gutted)
- heads and shell from the shrimps
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 bay leaf
- Peel the shrimps reserving the shells and heads. Chop and dice the monk fish removing the bones as they will be used in the fish stock
- To make the fish stock, sauté the peeled and diced vegetables, in a little oil ensuring that they do not brown. Add the shrimp heads and shells and sauté for 2 minutes.Then add the rock fish , as well as the monkfish bones and sauté for 2 more minutes. Cover with cold water (about 2 liters) and bring to boil. Skim with a spoon, add the bay leaf and cover and cook over a very low heat for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to stand for a few minutes before straining.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 250ºC.
- In a earthenware pot, sauté the monkfish and shrimp tails sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the rice for about 2 minutes over a low heat. Add the fish stock (1.5 liters), the saffron and salt to taste. Cook over a medium heat for about 13 minutes, adding the monkfish and shrimp tails halfway through.
- After 13 minutes, cover the rice with the beaten eggs and finish cooking in the oven for about 7 minutes, or until the egg is slightly golden.