- 4 fillets of salted cod 200 gr. each approx.
- 2 red onions
- 6 mandarins
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 200 gr. sugar
- Olive oil
- For the chutney, cut the onion into thin julienne strips, and slice the mandarin orange segments in half.
- Saute the onions first in a little oil for a few minutes and then add the mandarins. Add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar, stir and then add the sugar, a sprig of thyme and salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes until the liquids evaporate. Keep in mind that it will thicken more as it cools down. Run a test by putting a small amount in a dish in the refrigerator.
- For the cod confit, soak the fish in hot – but not boiling – oil for about six to eight minutes. Remove the cod from the oil and lay on absorbent paper for a few minutes to remove excess oil.