For the white chocolate paste:
- 150g Good quality white chocolat
- 200g Pine nuts
For the dark chocolat paste:
- 125g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 175g Toasted pine nuts
For the crunchy nuts
- 100g Peeled and toasted pistachios
- 100g Toasted broken almonds
- Blend the white chocolate and the pine nuts in a Thermomix at 40ºC until you have smooth, creamy paste.
- Line the bottom of a shallow cake mould (about the size of an ice cube tray) with cling film, the place the chocolate paste in it and smooth out the top.
- Spread the pistachios over the top of the chocolate and press them lightly into the paste
- Prepare the dark chocolate paste by blending the dark chocolate and the pine nuts in the Thermomix at 40ºC. It should have tha same smooth creamy texture as the white paste. Place in the mould over the top of the pistachios, pressing it down over them. (If you do not have a Thermomix, you can use a blender to the mix the chocolate and nuts, placing the bowl in a baine marie and ensuring the temperature in 40ºC)
- Arrange the toasted broken almonds on top and press them gently into the torró
- Store uncovered in a cool, dry place for 24h. for the paste to become a little firmer
- Wrap any that you do not eat in cling film and store somewhere cool and dry. The torró will keep for 3 weeks