- 6 eggs
- 200 gr. peeled and sliced almonds
- 200 gr. butter
- 300 gr. chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100 gr. sugar
- 75 sieved flour
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl, beating until the yolks whiten. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with butter over a bain marie, mixing well.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites till they form stiff, firm peaks.
- Now mix the chocolate with yolks. Once well mixed, add the egg whites and continue gently folding together with a spatula.
- Add the almonds and pour the mixture into a floured baking tin. Bake at 190ºC for 30 minutes until the sponge is cooked through. Let cool slightly before serving.
You can all kinds of nuts. Also, try topping with grated orange peel. Serve with vanilla ice cream.A sweet wine made from Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc in equal parts. Fruity on the palate with fresh acidity and delicate sweetness, with aromas of passion fruit and hints of fresh hay. For example, Pago del Vicario Corte Dulce 2006 from Bodegas Pago del Vicario of D. O. Castilla la Mancha.