For chocolate truffles:
- 200 gr. butter
- 200 ml. cream
- 350 gr. of 70% cocoa chocolate
- Cocoa powder
For the batter:
- 200 gr. flour
- 50 gr, cocoa
- 1 can of beer
- Melt the chocolate with butter over a bain marie, mixing well to obtain a good smooth chocolate cream that’s smooth and shiny. If you want to add a liqueur to the truffle, now is the time.
- Mix the cream in with the chocolate and butter and stir for a while with a whisk. When the mixture is well blended, allow to cool in the refrigerator until it sets.
- Remove the truffles from the refrigerator, and roll the mixture into balls with your hands. Then coat with cocoa. Allow to cool before covering in batter.
- In a bowl, beat the beer with the flour until you obtain a smooth cream. Add the cocoa and mix well. Dip the truffles in the batter and fry in hot olive oil. Serve immediately.
You can also buy ready-made truffles and dip these in the batter, allowing you to whisk up these fritters in just 10 minutes.Pedro Ximénez 1830 de Alvear