- ½ chopped chicken
- 1 kilo of potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium ripe tomato,
- Half a glass of white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 artichokes
- 2 boiled eggs
- 50 gr. almonds,
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Thoroughly wash and dry chicken with paper towels.
Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Fry in a pan with oil until golden-brown. Put it in a pot.
- In the same frying pan where you fried the chicken (remove a little oil if necessary), saute the onion and tomato. Add wine and reduce. Add the sauce to the chicken along with a bay leaf.
- Cover with hot water and cook about 10 min. over a low heat.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes. It is important to chop them roughly so they release their startch to thicken the broth of the stew.
- Clean the artichokes and cut into quarters. Add the potatoes and artichoke to the stew with a little food coloring and simmer until done.
- Preparing a “picada” by chopping almonds, garlic, parsley and a pinch of nutmeg. Add the at the end of cooking stir well. Season with salt. Serve with half a boiled egg.