- 300 gr. gelatinous parts from the pork (ear, leg, snout etc.).
- 2 black puddings
- 500 gr. Cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch of chard or spinach
- 5 potatoes
- 1 swede
- 200 gr. paella rice
- Olive oil
- If the pork is salted put in cold water for about 8 hours, changing the water 2 or 3 times. If the meat is fresh, let it bleed in very cold water then blanch it by boiling from cold water then discard the water.
- Meanwhile bring 2 liters of water to boil, peel and chop the potatoes and swede, chop the chard or spinach and cut the pork into small cubes.
- When the water has boiled add the meat and bring to the boil again. Then simmer over a low heat about for about 30 minutes.
- Add the swede and the chard or spinach and when the water starts boiling again, add the potatoes and the black pudding.
- Let everything boil for about 5 minutes (until the potatoes are almost done); remove any excess fat on the surface.
- Add the rice and bring to the boil again for about 15 minutes. Add hot water if necessary. Then add the saffron and salt to taste, remove from the heat. Let it stand for about 5 minutes before serving.